|When Mr. A.J. Carson assumed ownership of Island 13 in the 1930's, he moved his cabin from Island 11 over to Island 13 on a barge as shown in the photograph to the right.|
Up the hill at Island 13
View from the west
In the early 1960's, Mr. A.M. Radcliffe joined the two cabins and the
woodshed together. The woodshed became a lavatory. Throughout the
second half of the twentieth century, there were numerous upgrades,
modifications and re-roofings.|
The photo to the right shows this best. Note the roof line of the cabin below the new roof, the outline of the old woodshed, and so on.
View from cabin
Dock and Boathouse
The boathouse was built by Mr. A.M. Radcliffe in the early 1960's and was upgraded by the Sewell Brothers.
The cabin was built by Mr. R.G. Sewell in 1977.
| By 2012, the roof was leaking again and some roof boards were
rotten. A new roof (not just shingles, but an entire new roof) was
It soon became evident that the entire structure suffered from rot and had to be entirely replaced.
Please CLICK HERE for further details of the problems we found with the old camp.
Click to Contact Robert Sewell
New Camp Under Construction